Zapier is a tool which allows users to connect various web apps.
An integration between two apps is called a Zap. A Zap is made up of a Trigger and one or more Actions or Searches.
Whenever a trigger happens in one app, Zapier will automatically perform the actions or searches in the specified app for that trigger, in order.
Here are couple examples:
- Get notifications in Slack when someone opened an email from specified ExpressPigeon campaign
- Add new Salesforce Leads to an ExpressPigeon contact list
- Send emails via ExpressPigeon to abandoned Shopify cart users
Triggers and Actions
- Contact Added To List - Triggers when a new contact is added/copied/moved to a specified contact list.
- Email Opened - Triggers when an email is opened in a chosen campaign.
- Suppress Contact - Removes a contact from all lists.
- Create/Update Contact - Add a new contact to a list, or update an existing contact.
- Send Transactional Email - Sends an e-mail using an existing template.
Creating Your First Zap
To get started with ExpressPigeon on Zapier, click the 'Make A Zap!' button.
In the 'Choose a trigger app' field enter 'ExpressPigeon' and select it.
As result you will see our list of available Triggers. Select the Trigger that you plan to use and click 'Continue' button.
At this stage you will need to connect your ExpressPigeon account. Click the 'Connect a new account' button. You should see new dialog window where you need to enter your ExpressPigeon API key.
Your ExpressPigeon API key can be found on our Integrations apge.
After you've entered the API key and applied it, you should see the 'ExpressPigeon Account #1' and 'Test' button at the right side.
Click 'Test' button and if you get 'Success!' you're all set and can proceed with configuring your zap.
A Zap template is a pre-defined and curated example of an automated workflow. ExpressPigeon is trying to save you time by creating Zaps with pre-mapped fields, so all you need to do is simply connect two apps.
There two places where you can find our templates:
Below you can find example of how you can easily configure Zap between Salesforce and ExpressPigeon.
Open our Integrations page and click the 'Use this zap' button for 'Add new Salesforce Leads to an ExpressPigeon contact list'.
A new dialog window will open with a brief description of what this Zap will do. Click the 'Create this zap' button.
- Since it's a pre-configured Zap, you will see that the Salesforce trigger 'New Lead' is already selected and all that you need to do is click the 'Continue' button.
- Follow the instructions to connect your Salesforce account. After you do this, you should see following:
- Please note that on the next step you will need to have an existing 'lead' in your Salesforce account. If you have this, just click 'Fetch & Continue' button. This is 'test' step, so don't be afraid - nothing will be created/changed.
- If all went OK in previous step, you will see a green 'Success' buttone green and you can proceed to ExpressPigeon step.
- 'Create/Update Contact' action is already selected and you can click 'Continue' button.
- Connect your ExpressPigeon account as described above. As result you should see following:
- On the next step you should configure which ExpressPigeon list you want to use for this zap and also select 'field' from Salesforce that will be used as an 'Email'.
If you click 'Show advanced options', you will be able to configure all available fields for new Contact (First Name, Last Name and others).
- On the last step you will see previously configured data. Click the 'Create & Continue' button and you're all set. Now when you have a new lead created on Salesforce, it will automatically appear in your selected ExpressPigeon contacts list.